Thursday 7 May 2015

Vegetable fritters


This was a complete experiment! I wanted to use up veg that was already in the house in one recipe. So I thought I'd give fritters a go! For this recipe I used:

1/2 carrot
1/2 courgette
2 new potatoes 
1 small red onion diced 
Handful spinach shredded 
1 tbsp coriander 
Spray oil 
1 Egg
Wholemeal flour 
Handful peas 

Method
Grate carrot, courgette and potatoes using large side on grater into a bowl. Add onion, spinach and peas. Mix together and add coriander and beat in the egg. 


Sprinkle enough flour over the mixture to create a paste consistency. Mold into patties using hands.

Spray frying pan with oil, once heated add the patties and fry so evenly golden on each side. 


This recipe is a great way to incorporate lots of fruit and veg into one meal. I served mine with some low salt and sugar baked beans and it went down a storm with my boy - success! 





No comments:

Post a Comment