Thursday 28 May 2015

Avocado, Roast Chicken and Cheese Wrap


This lunch worked out better than I thought (albeit the boy didn't eat a great deal of this!) but anyway, I was surprised with how good this turned out.

I used a George Foreman grill for this, however I'm sure a regular griddle pan or frying pan would work as well.

For this I used:
1/2 avocado
A few pieces of leftover roast chicken
A bit of grated cheddar cheese
1 wholemeal tortilla wrap

Method
First you will need to mash up the avocado half into the centre of your wrap. Then add the chicken.


Then layer the grated cheese. 


And fold up. I will admit I'm terrible at folding tortillas and folded mine the wrong way! But as it was going in the grill to be flattened, it didn't really matter! 


Toast in grill until the cheese has melted and the visible toasted lines appear! (If that even makes sense!!)


I then cut it into fingers, which I then tore into smaller pieces as he didn't want to bite properly (probably his teeth!) but overall he did eat more than I thought he would! 

This would make a great lunchbox snack as the filling stays inside the wraps after being toasted! 

No comments:

Post a Comment