Friday 8 May 2015

Banana and Blueberry Muffins


Oscar must be the only baby that hates bananas! I don't want to enforce it on him, but I do from time to time try to reintroduce them to his meals, but he won't have any of it! Even in a mixed fruit purée he was on to me! So I thought how else could I include them in a meal... In muffins!

This did actually work and they were actually rather yummy (so yummy I may have happened to scoff two of them straight out of the oven...)

To make these you will need:

150g flour (I used wholemeal)
75g soft brown sugar
1.5 tsp baking powder
Pinch salt
1 egg
120ml milk
3 tbsp butter
1 banana cut into small pieces 
1 large handful blueberries
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method
Preheat oven to 180 degrees 

Grease muffin trays or get muffin cases out ready. This recipe makes around 12 small muffins. 

Measure out ingredients ready. 

Melt butter in microwave or on stove on medium heat.

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. Then add the egg, milk, butter and vanilla and whisk together. Mash up the banana and add to the mix. Hold off on adding the blueberries at this stage.

Fill each muffin cup just under half way. Then add three blueberries...


...and cover with more cake mix. 


Bake for 15 mins or until golden. 







No comments:

Post a Comment