Tuesday 14 July 2015

Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry in a Peanut Butter Sauce!


This as per usual, was a bit of an experiment! I wanted to try out a bit of a different flavour stir fry with ingredients I already had... This resulted in using peanut butter! And it went down pretty well with my boy!

For this I used:
2 mini chicken fillets diced
2 tsp peanut butter (I used Meridian Foods smooth)
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp garlic paste
1/4 yellow bell pepper
1/2 small carrot
A few broccoli florets
A handful of peas (frozen)
A handful of spilt green beans (frozen)
1 portion of noodles or rice
Oil

First cut up chicken and marinate with peanut butter, lemon juice, ginger, garlic and soy sauce.

Meanwhile cut up your veggies. I cut up them up into match stick shapes to make it easier for the boy to grasp, but obviously cut to suit your child. Boil the noodles as per the packet instructions. 


In a separate pan or wok, heat up a little oil (sesame would be a good choice!) and add the veggies and chicken and any frozen veg (you can always add more of the sauce ingredients if the chicken marinade doesn't look as though it's going to cover the veggies!) Add the noodles and stir through. 

I made enough to freeze off a couple more meals, which is always useful!


No comments:

Post a Comment