Thursday 11 February 2016

Sweet Potato Wedges


Sweet potatoes are a great healthy alternative to normal potatoes - and really tasty. We love to eat them in various ways, our favourites being as either chips, or just roasted!

For these chips I used one small potato as I was only making a small portion, however to make a big batch I'd go for two large potatoes.

Ingredients
1 sweet potato
Olive oil 

Method

Preheat oven to 200C.

Wash the potatoes and scrub the skin to get rid of any dirt.

Cut potatoes into wedges (I leave the skins on - that's all the nutrients!) 

Drizzle with olive oil - around half tbsp 

(**you can always add salt, pepper, paprika, mixed herbs etc at this stage of you wish!)



Place on oven tray and cook for 35-40 mins or until they have cooked through. 


If they look a little black - don't worry! I find those the tastiest as it's quite sweet/caramelised! 



No comments:

Post a Comment