Saturday 13 February 2016

Banana, blueberry and oat muffins


The boy has a tendency to demand a banana, have one bite and not want any more! And there's only so much banana I can force myself to eat! So instead of wasting a perfectly good banana, I searched Pinterest for a good banana muffin recipe.

I used this recipe and it was really easy! 

This recipe makes 12 muffins.

Ingredients:
  • 340g self raising flour
  • 25g oats (plus an extra handful for sprinkling before baking)
  • 1 banana, mashed
  • 1 egg, whisked
  • 125ml milk
  • 3 tbsp Greek or natural yogurt
  • 60ml vegetable oil
  • 150g blueberries
However, looking back at this recipe, I didn't use yogurt as I didn't have any and just realised I didn't use oil either! Didn't see that in there! They still turned out ok, but I would probably use those next time!

Method
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F and line a muffin tin with 12 cases.
  2. Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl and stir together until well combined and sticky.
  3. Add in the blueberries and gently fold them into the dough.
  4. Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and sprinkle the spare oats over the top of the muffins.


5. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until they are firm and golden brown.



6. Leave to cool before tucking in! 





No comments:

Post a Comment