Friday 12 February 2016

Carrot and Coriander Soup


I haven't had carrot and coriander soup for years! I went through a phase of eating it every day for lunch when I was in high school and understandably went off it completely! But I quite fancied it and thought it would be a nice meal to try on the boy. This is really easy and super tasty (excuse the pun!)

For this I used:

2 large carrots
1 white onion
1 clove of garlic
1 1/2 pints vegetable stock 
Pinch of salt and pepper
Pinch of nutmeg
1 tsp ground coriander 
Handful of fresh coriander chopped 
Olive oil

Method
Peel and dice carrots and onion. Place in a pan with a splash of olive oil and the ground coriander and nutmeg. Let the veg sweat for around five minutes. Add the garlic and sweat for one minute.


Then add the stock and bring to the boil. Then reduce the heat and let simmer with the pan lid on for around 20-30 mins until all veg is cooked through. As I prefer a thicker soup, I left this to simmer for longer until most of the liquid has evaporated. Then add the chopped fresh coriander (leave a bit to sprinkle over the top when serving).


Then using a handheld blender, I blended this until smooth. 


This made quite a few bowls, I was expecting to get a bit more out of it, but maybe if I didn't reduce the liquid I might have got more! Still it was enough for our lunch and a few for the freezer stash! 



No comments:

Post a Comment