Wednesday 12 August 2015

Sweet Potato Pizza!



This was such a good recipe! I was a bit sceptical about whether it would work or taste a bit weird... But I've been proven wrong! 

I can't actually remember where I got the recipe from, I think I read a few online and adapted it to suit what I had in the cupboard! The closest thing I could find to what I may have used as I don't remember was here but here is what I used:

1 large sweet potato 
1 cup plain flour
1tsp salt
1tsp baking powder
Tomato purée paste
1/2 mozzarella cheese
Herbs and toppings of your choice

Method
Peel and dice the potato and boil until soft. Drain and mash in a bowl. Add the flour, salt and baking powder and knead together with your hands. 


Sprinkle a surface with flour and roll out the dough. I separated the dough into two to make two smaller pizzas. Transfer onto a baking paper lined tray and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until lightly golden. 


Then remove from oven (but leave oven on!) and add your toppings. I first added tomato purée paste, but you could use pasata or make your own tomato sauce. Then I added a sprinkle of dried Italian seasoning and topped with ripped up mozzarella and any other toppings you would like to use. 



Then place back into the oven until cheese has melted. 



I then added some fresh basil once out of the oven before serving. 




No comments:

Post a Comment